Thursday, June 2, 2011

Day 2

Well, first of all, allow me to talk about yesterday in much more detail:

I got to OCMD around 2pm. I unpacked and fixed up my bed as much as I could, and then I went to Souvenir City on the boardwalk to check in about a job. It turns out that they were saving two jobs for Project people, so Karen and I got the jobs. Getting a job on the first day is super relieving. I am very blessed.

Last night we went out sharing, and Anna and I talked to two women in their late 20s I'm guessing. They were pretty receptive, and I think we may have planted a seed. They were listening and asking a lot of good questions, and God totally spoke through me and Anna because we came back with really great answers on the spot. It was sweet.

Yesterday I think I really hated Summer Project; I'm not gonna lie. Today, however, I woke up with a completely different perspective. I think yesterday I was just ridiculous tired and wanted to be alone in my own little hole, but now I'm ready to come out of my shell and make cool friends...which I have. My small group is awesome. I really love those girls already, and it's going to be an awesome summer with them. My life group is also awesome, and it's going to be awesome going to church with them every Sunday and getting lunch after, etc. This just rules. Tonight, we all hung out on the porch, and I was sitting near the guitars. Mike and Jason were playing Taking Back Sunday's "Cute Without the E," and it was great. Now I'm chilling inside with pretty decent internet. Blogging. Blogging is fun.

Boy. I love writing. And I think I'm going to be doing a lot of it this summer. I like it. I like God, too. He's pretty sweet. And he's the reason I'm here. Boy...I really love that God of mine. He's awesome.

Can't wait to see what's in store for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment